The Incas referred to Alpaca fleece as “the fiber of the gods” and due to its luxurious softness it was reserved solely for the royalty of the empire.
Properties including superior softness, warmth and its lightweight make it more versatile than merino wool and mohair, whilst being stronger than sheep wool and maintaining these attributes for generations!
Follow this simple guidelines and your Alpaca garment will provide many many years of warmth:
- All Alpaca knitwear should be hand-washed with soft liquid detergent (or shampoo) in cold water.
- Soak it for a few minutes and wash it gently. Do not twist or scrub. Rinse and squeeze gently.
- Dry flat on top of a towel (to help absorption) away from direct heat or sunlight.
If you look after your Alpaca knitwear, it can last a lifetime, but be careful of moths or other insects.
- Fold it, do not hang it otherwise it can stretch.
- Store in a fabric bag during the warm season
- Do not store in a plastic bag
- To fluff up the garment, shake it gently.
- If it has wrinkles use steam (steam vaporizer for clothes or just hang in bathroom while having a hot shower!) and let dry fat afterwards.
If you have any doubts please contact us